Sunday, May 2, 2010

Listen

O my God,
Your love as gone before me,
And it has grown with me,
And it is an abyss whose depths I cannot fathom…
(St. Therese of Lisieux)

LISTEN! GOD IS SPEAKING TO YOU

(Here are variety of scripture texts that speak of God’s love. In each is a blank space for your name.

After quieting yourself and turning your attention to God, begin to pray one of these verses softly, aloud if possible, inserting your name in the blank space.

Hear God say the words to you personally. Receive the love that God is giving you.)

“I have loved you …… with an everlasting love, so I am constant in my affection for you.” (Jer. 31:3)

“I am holding you by the right hand, ……, I tell you. ‘Do not be afraid, I will help you.’” (Is. 41:13)

“……, before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.” (Jer. 1:5)

“I have called you by name, …… and you are mine.” (Is. 43:1)

“Does a woman forget her baby at the breast, or fail to cherish the son of her womb? Yet even if these forget, I will never forget you,……” (Is.49:15)

“As the Father has loved me, so I have you, ……” (Jn. 15:9)

“You are precious in my eyes, ……, you are honoured and I love you.” (Is.43:4)

“See, ……, I have branded you on the palm of my hands.” (Is.49:16)

“I am with you to save you, ……” (Jer. 30:11)

“You do not choose Me, ……, no, I choose you.” (Jn. 15:16)

“Come to Me, all you …… that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you …… rest.” (Mt. 11:28)

“Take my yoke upon you, ……, and learn from Me: for I am gentle and humble of heart, …… and you will find rest for your souls.” (Mt. 11:29)

“Let anyone who is thirsty come to Me, and let the one …… who believes in Me drink. Now, He said this about the Spirit, which believers in Him were to receive.” (Jn. 7:37-39)



RESPONE
(When you have listened to God telling you His love for you through the words of scripture and pondered over the great love of God to you and your heart is overflowing with gratitude and love for God, you will want to respond to God by telling Him how much you love Him too.

You can do so either using the words that overflow from your heart or use the following)

O my God, how can I thank you for your great love for me?
I love you with all my heart, and want to love You more and more.
Fill my heart with love of You.
I believe in Your love for me.
I hope and place all my trust in You.
You are so good! Help me to be a better person and to be more like You.
I surrender myself to You. Make me more and more like You.
Since You want me to love my neighbor, fill my heart with love for my neighbor.
Help me to be meek and gentle like Jesus.
Make me compassionate as You, Father.

0 comments:

 

Love © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner | Distributed by: free blogger template red best blogger themes for photographers | best vpn router 2012 cheap vpn server